- Do embrace all things glittery, sequinny and PVC. A glamorous night time look can be achieved with these without looking like a Christmas tree.
- For a sure fire way to nail this trend, invest in a pair of good quality sequinned or metallic trousers. They may be slightly more expensive but they will see you right through the party season.
- Look for sequinned blazers in a variety of colours – electric blue will look amazing teamed with black skinnies and heels.
- If clashing your reflective pieces is a little much, team a high impact mini with a nude, high round toe shoe to keep the dress the focal point.
- Metallic leather and polythene are great textures and investing in a top of this material whilst pairing with high waisted trousers or a high waisted skirt will provide high impact, lady like glamour.
- Look out for silk vests. They fit right into this trend but are a subtle way to wear.
A high shine look is an essential trend for autumn/winter 2011. From sparkling sequins to glitter and fringing, embroidery to appliqué – this look is all about high voltage impact. Make light work of this look by teaming reflective materials with wet look finishes and PVC to achieve the ultimate in glam couture. Every year we see sequins and the return of the gold and silver palettes as we head into winter party season but this year the combination of metallics, polythene and laminated fabrics have given a fresh new twist to the look, resulting in High Shine.
The look is dramatic and clashing your prints is a key feature. Be brave and team red with orange, gold with a different shade of gold and don’t be afraid to indulge in the more risqué aspects of this trend, such as wet look PVC and rubber. Autumn’s metallics are extending beyond gold and silver; pearlised pewter will be huge this season, looking particularly affective when paired with nude and blush tones. There are many ways to shine with this look and it’s suitable for all body shapes and sizes – a sensuous trend that exudes confidence and ultra reflective glamour.
On The Runways
High Shine Couture has been illuminating the runways with some serious amp-age this autumn/winter 11. Stella McCartney, Christopher Kane and Marc Jacobs are all masters of this trend, fusing unconventional fabrics with ladylike styling to achieve the look. Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton were also joining the light brigade with their reflective sequins and laminated cashmere.
Celebrities are no stranger to this trend and what better way is there to ensure you are the focal point of an event than with a high voltage look. Jennifer Connelly teams an ultra short green sequinned Balmain dress with skyscraper punk heels to elongate her legs, whilst Nina Dobrev uses a suede nude shoe to add length and not detract from the beauty of the dress. Kim Kardashian works this trend multiple times on the red carpet, using a backless sequinned dress at one event and a gold foiled dress that flatters her curves at another.
Hints & Tips:
Get On Trend
Visit Future Of Fashion Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection